Wednesday, October 3, 2012

An update

So, while they were performing the little surgery on me last Friday, I had my blood-work done. Finally--something new to report!

Essentially, I am recovering quite well: my H+H are still a little bit low, but not bad. My platelets are low, but above pre-treatment levels already. The best news are my liver enzymes. Initially, they were high, but not horribly so. Once the treatment had started, they went down to almost normal--reflecting the fact that the virus causing them to elevate was rapidly going extinct in my body. Later, they climbed up a bit, due to side-effects of my medications. Now they have dropped again: my AST is perfectly normal, my ALT is about 8 points above reference: not bad at all, and indicating that my liver function is approaching normal. All good and promising. The next test is in November.

In other news, I have been officially cleared to drink some alcohol. No fifths of whiskey, of course, but reasonable amounts (defined as 2-3 drinks a day) are perfectly fine. Basically, I am human again.

No comments:

Post a Comment